Assistant Professor in Surficial Geology (CLOSED)The School of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Queens College invites applications for a full-time tenure track Assistant Professor position in process-oriented surficial geology beginning September 1st, 2020. The successful candidate will: teach a required majors course in Sedimentology and Landscape Evolution; teach electives such as Environmental Geology; participate in general education courses; and develop advanced courses in his/her area of expertise. S/he will conduct an active research program, and share responsibilities for committee and department assignments including administrative, supervisory, and other functions. Candidates who conduct research that complements faculty expertise in local surficial and/or coastal geology and geomorphologic research and are able to teach introductory GIS and/or remote sensing are preferred.
QUALIFICATIONSThe successful candidate will:
- Hold a Ph.D. in Geology or equivalent with specialization in surficial geology and sedimentology by the starting date of this position.
- Show evidence or promise of success as an educator at the college or university level
- Provide evidence of scholarly achievements.
- Demonstrate the ability to design, carry out and support an active research program involving students and the potential to leverage external funding.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with colleagues in research and carry out departmental functions.
COMPENSATIONCUNY offers faculty a competitive compensation and benefits package covering health insurance, pension and retirement benefits, paid parental leave, and savings programs. We also provide mentoring and support for research, scholarship, and publication as part of our commitment to ongoing faculty professional development.
HOW TO APPLYPlease note that the candidates must upload a cover letter describing related qualifications and experience, resume, and the name and contact information of three (3) professional references as ONE DOCUMENT in any of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf format.
Please use a simple name for the document that you uploaded, for example: JDoeResume. Documents with long names cannot be parsed by the application system.